Forum: Ruby on Rails How to help in reviewing the "guides"

Peter V. (Guest)

Thanks to the previous post, I just discovered the pages with the guides

  http://guides.rubyonrails.org/

Knowing myself, once I start reading, I will end up with a bunch of
small
comments all over the place (I tend to be fairly pedantic ...). I will
probably
discuss language issues, parts where the explanation could be more clear
(for a newcomer) and probably test the examples.

What is the efficient way to contribute these comments (which I
expect to be a large amount of small edits) ? I would have no problem
editing the source document and providing a diff if that is useful.

Please advise me how I could be most efficient here.

Thanks,

Peter
Frederick C. (Guest)
On 3 Mar 2009, at 15:47, Peter V. wrote:

> comments all over the place (I tend to be fairly pedantic ...). I
> will probably
> discuss language issues, parts where the explanation could be more
> clear
> (for a newcomer) and probably test the examples.
>
> What is the efficient way to contribute these comments (which I
> expect to be a large amount of small edits) ? I would have no problem
> editing the source document and providing a diff if that is useful.

If you pop into the #docrails channel I'm sure you can get commit
access to docrails (which is where the doc stuff happens) or get them
to apply your patches. For guides still in progress there are also
lighthouse tickets.

Fred
Peter V. (Guest)
On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 5:48 PM, Frederick C.
> If you pop into the #docrails channel I'm sure you can get commit
> access to docrails (which is where the doc stuff happens) or get them
> to apply your patches. For guides still in progress there are also
> lighthouse tickets.

Using your #docrails hint as input to Google, I found this page that
seems to be
a good and recent entry point for this matter. I will surely find my
way from there.

  http://weblog.rubyonrails.org/2009/1/15/rails-docu...

Thanks again,

Peter