Forum: Ruby on Rails an external API wants to call our action with a param of action=

Phlip (Guest)
Railsters:

"Convention over Configuration" rules, right? Especially when you indeed
have
the option to configure, when you need to, right?

An affiliate of ours needs to send us a param query with 'action=' in
it.

This confuses our router, and it attempts to call our action!

Yes we will ask the affiliate to change the query parameter name.

Until then, is there some hook we can call - before routes.rb - to
rename this
parameter before Rails proper sees it?

(Fiddling with Apache's rewriter module, just for a dumb param, sounds
icky!)

--
   Phlip
   http://www.zeroplayer.com/

http://tinyurl.com/d3ad3o

--
Greg D.
http://destiney.com/
Greg D. wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 7:19 PM, Phlip <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
>> Until then, is there some hook we can call - before routes.rb - to rename this
>> parameter before Rails proper sees it?
>
> http://tinyurl.com/d3ad3o

Thanks, asshole.
Mathieu R. (Guest)
Obviously this was not a http://lmgtfy.com/ material, because philip
asked
about another way than apache.
But Insult may not be the best solution.

I've been following this group for a couple of weeks now and that's the
first time i see such thing... :-(
Greg D. (Guest)
On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 10:11 AM, Phlip <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote: