Forum: Ruby ZenTest 4.0.0 Released

Ryan D. (Guest)
ZenTest version 4.0.0 has been released!

* <http://www.zenspider.com/ZSS/Products/ZenTest/>
* <http://rubyforge.org/projects/zentest/>
* <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>

ZenTest provides 4 different tools and 1 library: zentest, unit_diff,
autotest, multiruby, and Test::Rails.

ZenTest scans your target and unit-test code and writes your missing
code based on simple naming rules, enabling XP at a much quicker
pace. ZenTest only works with Ruby and Test::Unit.

unit_diff is a command-line filter to diff expected results from
actual results and allow you to quickly see exactly what is wrong.

autotest is a continous testing facility meant to be used during
development. As soon as you save a file, autotest will run the
corresponding dependent tests.

multiruby runs anything you want on multiple versions of ruby. Great
for compatibility checking! Use multiruby_setup to manage your
installed versions.

Test::Rails helps you build industrial-strength Rails code.

Changes:

### 4.0.0 / 2009-03-02

* 2 minor enhancements:

   * Deleted autotest/screen - releasing as a separate gem soon.
   * Deleted test-rails and rails_test_audit.

* 8 minor enhancements:

   * Added "tags" command to multiruby_setup.
   * Added "the_usual" as a recipe for multiruby_setup. Motivated by
Dr. Nic.
   * Added :died hook to Autotest (yoshuki).
   * Added focus.rb, helping you ignore extra tests while you focus on
something.
   * Added multigem command line tool!
   * Cleaned up multiruby to make it easier to tweak.
   * Parameterized testlib so you can override test/unit in autotest.
Thanks JB!
   * Switched tests and rakefile to minitest. 20% faster!

* 7 bug fixes:

   * Fix Autotest::Screen to distinguish between errors and failures.
(khalsah)
   * Fixed some hook commands from overriding others.
   * Hopefully fixed growl support on 10.5.x?
   * Supposedly adding -w to growlnotify will fix autotest/growl.
   * Updated missing entries in Autotest::ALL_HOOKS.
   * Updated rubygems download location. (carletti)
     * Still not automated :(
   * ruby 1.9.1 fixes.

* <http://www.zenspider.com/ZSS/Products/ZenTest/>
* <http://rubyforge.org/projects/zentest/>
* <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
BIl Kleb (Guest)
Ryan D. wrote:
> ZenTest version 4.0.0 has been released!

To Ryan: congratulations and thank you!

To the rest: Ryan's wish list coordinates:

  http://www.amazon.com/wishlist/2POA6S25FF9DW

Regards,
Ryan D. (Guest)
On Mar 3, 2009, at 03:08 , BIl Kleb wrote:

> Ryan D. wrote:
>> ZenTest version 4.0.0 has been released!
>
> To Ryan: congratulations and thank you!

thanks! I hope you enjoy it!

> To the rest: Ryan's wish list coordinates:
>
> http://www.amazon.com/wishlist/2POA6S25FF9DW

:D