Forum: Ruby on Rails how to set a page of root/ dir of a site

Paul N. (Guest)
on 2009-03-03 00:28
Hi all,

I have started making a  site in ruby/rails and just wondering how to
set the page for the root/ dir of the site as i have got the other pages
done ie:-

example/dir1
example/dir2
example/dir3
example/dir4

but just wondering how to set the example/ page as it always appears as
the welcome to ruby page

any help will be great

thanks

paul
Peter V. (Guest)
On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 11:28 PM, Paul Na
> the welcome to ruby page
I see 2 steps:

1) move the /public/index.html file to another name (e.g. $mv
index.html index.html.ORIG)

2) add a route for '/' in config/routes.rb

  in the config/routes.rb near the the bottom of the file, but before
the default routes,
  do something along the lines of

  map.connect( '', :controller=>'home')

if you have a app/controllers/home_controller.rb

HTH,

Peter
Paul N. (Guest)
on 2009-03-03 00:43
Peter V. wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 11:28 PM, Paul Na
>> the welcome to ruby page
> I see 2 steps:
>
> 1) move the /public/index.html file to another name (e.g. $mv
> index.html index.html.ORIG)
>
> 2) add a route for '/' in config/routes.rb
>
>   in the config/routes.rb near the the bottom of the file, but before
> the default routes,
>   do something along the lines of
>
>   map.connect( '', :controller=>'home')
>
> if you have a app/controllers/home_controller.rb
>
> HTH,
>
> Peter

Hi peter

thanks for that, thats helped alot