Forum: Ruby on Rails ActionMailer

Ralph H. (Guest)
on 2009-03-02 15:33
i have this in my mdel infomailer.rb

class Infomailer < ActionMailer::Base
  helper :application
end

but i can't understand why i can't use method defined i
application_helper.rb

in template app/views/infomailer/send_order.html.erb

please help
Priya B. (Guest)
on 2009-03-03 07:41
Ralph H. wrote:
> i have this in my mdel infomailer.rb
>
> class Infomailer < ActionMailer::Base
>   helper :application
> end
>
> but i can't understand why i can't use method defined i
> application_helper.rb
>
> in template app/views/infomailer/send_order.html.erb
>
> please help

You can write the methods whichever you want to send mail in model
itself. Why you are going for helper..
You can call this method whereever you want.