Forum: Ruby on Rails How can I load a session from the cookie store manually?

Ehud R. (Guest)
on 2009-03-02 10:13
Hi all,
I'm trying to achieve something a bit unusual - I want to use a
session_id I have to retrieve the session object from the CookieStore.
Obviously, Rails does it somehow but I couldn't figure out how. Can
anyone shed some light?

Thanks ;)
Priya B. (Guest)
on 2009-03-02 10:47
Ehud R. wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm trying to achieve something a bit unusual - I want to use a
> session_id I have to retrieve the session object from the CookieStore.
> Obviously, Rails does it somehow but I couldn't figure out how. Can
> anyone shed some light?
>
> Thanks ;)

Just mention

  session[:column_name]
Ehud R. (Guest)
on 2009-03-02 10:48
Priya B. wrote:
> Ehud R. wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> I'm trying to achieve something a bit unusual - I want to use a
>> session_id I have to retrieve the session object from the CookieStore.
>> Obviously, Rails does it somehow but I couldn't figure out how. Can
>> anyone shed some light?
>>
>> Thanks ;)
>
> Just mention
>
>   session[:column_name]

Thanks, but that's not what I mean... I want to use a session key i have
to retrieve the session object (the one you mentioned) manually from the
CookieStore.
Andrius C. (Guest)
This should help you do that
http://dev.rubyonrails.org/browser/trunk/actionpac...

Basically cookie consists of two parts. First is session data base 64
encoded and then url encoded, second is SHA1 hash of session data and
secret server side password.

On Mar 2, 10:48 am, Ehud R. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>