Forum: GNU Radio gr-radar-mono file output

Lance (Guest)
I just had a question regarding the log file this program produces. As
far as I can tell, the samples are of the type gr-complex. I've tried
using the file reading matlab script provided in the utils folder, but I
can't arrange and display the data in a meaningful way. Could someone
perhaps provide some guidance on the correct way to read and display the
data from the echo output file produced by the gr-radar code?

Regards

Lance
Johnathan C. (Guest)
On Sun, Mar 1, 2009 at 2:27 PM, Lance <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:

> I just had a question regarding the log file this program produces. As far
> as I can tell, the samples are of the type gr-complex. I've tried using the
> file reading matlab script provided in the utils folder, but I can't arrange
> and display the data in a meaningful way. Could someone perhaps provide some
> guidance on the correct way to read and display the data from the echo
> output file produced by the gr-radar code?

The output file is as you describe, a concatenated series of complex
baseband echos corresponding to the samples received during the
configured range gate.  The sample rate will be 64 Msps; you will need
to determine how many samples there are per echo based on your
configuration parameters.  I believe the script in verbose mode will
print this out, but I'd have to go check.

Johnathan