Forum: Ruby on Rails Actionwebservice for rails2.2.2 / ruby 1.8.7

Lin W. (Guest)
on 2009-02-27 11:07
has anyone gotten action actionwebservice to work for this config ?

tried instructions from
http://www.texperts.com/2007/12/21/using-action-we...

and got a "activate': can't activate actionpack"   on server startup
Frederick C. (Guest)
On Feb 27, 9:07 am, Lin Wj <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> has anyone gotten action actionwebservice to work for this config ?
>
> tried instructions
fromhttp://www.texperts.com/2007/12/21/using-action-we......

> and got a "activate': can't activate actionpack"   on server startup

That's almost what I use (i doubt ruby 1.8.6 versus 1.8.7) and those
instructions work for me (I wrote them :-))

The key thing is to freeze all of rails. You might also want to have a
look at the datanoise-actionwebservice gem.

Fred