Forum: Ruby on Rails Validate field not in model?

Mike C. (Guest)
I want to validate a field in my form that's not an attribute in the
model. How do I do this?
Billy H. (Guest)
define it as a getter and setter.

--
TWRUG Blog:
http://blog.rubyonrails.org.tw

CFC on Rails:
http://zusocfc.blogspot.com

Only two surfaces of a box:
http://blog.pixnet.net/zusocfc
Mike C. (Guest)
Ok, I did it. But in the model I have validates_presence_of, and even
though the field is filled, I keep getting the blank error.
Mike C. (Guest)
Nevermind, getter was returning a user object instead of a string.
fixed. :)
Nilesh K. (Guest)
Hi Mike. Can you share the code snippet for the getter and setter
methods
you used,  thanks.