Forum: GNU Radio How to best include customized daughter-card code?

Glenn R. (Guest)
I'm working with a customized flex400 board which has been modified to
work in the VHF (140-160MHz) band.  To do this, we ended up changing out
the VCO from the ADF4360-7 to a ADF4360-8.  However, this required
modification to the db_flexrf.py to account for the differences in the
VCO registers.

Today I just updated my svn checkout, and realized that the db_flexrf.py
file is gone.  I was clearly outdated, and went hunting for the new
location of the file.  The closest I can find is the db_flexrf.cc under
usrp/host/lib/legacy.  However, the term "legacy" still has me
wondering.  Where did the daughter card code go and how should one go
about modifying it?

Sincerely,
Glenn R.
Johnathan C. (Guest)
On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 12:32 PM, Glenn R.

> of the file.  The closest I can find is the db_flexrf.cc under
> usrp/host/lib/legacy.  However, the term "legacy" still has me wondering.
>  Where did the daughter card code go and how should one go about modifying
> it?

The name 'legacy' was a poor choice.  We'll probably change it in the
future.

In any case, the daughterboard code was ported from Python to C++, and
you've indeed found the right file to modify.  The C++ code should
look very similar to the Python.

Johnathan