Forum: JRuby inheriting Java classes

Ijonas Kisselbach (Guest)
Using JSR-223, does JRuby still require Java:: notation to subclass
classes originating out of packages such as com.vamosa.myapp.MyClass ?
e.g. class RubyClass < Java::MyClass

I'm getting confused about what the right notation is...

Kind regards,
Ijonas Kisselbach.

Ijonas Kisselbach wrote:
> Using JSR-223, does JRuby still require Java:: notation to subclass
> classes originating out of packages such as com.vamosa.myapp.MyClass ?
> e.g. class RubyClass < Java::MyClass
>
> I'm getting confused about what the right notation is...

For com, org, java, and javax you can just use the bare notation of
com.vamosa.myapp.MyClass. The Java:: syntax works just as well, but we
shortcut those four top-level namespaces.

- Charlie