Forum: JRuby LDAP library

Hirotsugu A. (Guest)
Hi.

I wanted to gauge the general feeling of the community towards LDAP.
Do you use LDAP from JRuby? If so, which library do you use: jruby-
ldap, ruby-net-ldap, or something else?

I spent some time looking at implementing LDAP interface with FFI.
While I learned some good stuff with FFI doing so, I wonder if it is
worthwhile to go on.

--
Hirotsugu A.

On Thu, 26 Feb 2009 07:29:39 -0600
Hirotsugu A. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

> I wanted to gauge the general feeling of the community towards
> LDAP. Do you use LDAP from JRuby? If so, which library do you use:
> jruby- ldap, ruby-net-ldap, or something else?

I'm using ruby-net-ldap with JRuby. Since it is pure Ruby, it works
fine in JRuby without any modifications and it offers everything I
need.

I chose ruby-net-ldap, because ruby-ldap uses a C extension and can't
be used from JRuby as is.

I have not tested jruby-ldap though, so I can't say much about it.

Manfred

> I spent some time looking at implementing LDAP interface with FFI.
> While I learned some good stuff with FFI doing so, I wonder if it is
> worthwhile to go on.
>
> --
> Hirotsugu A.

ruby-net-ldap for me too.  It works fine for simple ldap lookups.
Haven't
tried doing more complex LDAP interactions with it.

Rich

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 6:54 AM, Manfred U. <
Manfred U. (Guest)
On Fri, 27 Feb 2009 10:07:28 -0800
Rich M. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

> ruby-net-ldap for me too.  It works fine for simple ldap lookups.

I'm using it for adding new elements and attribute changes etc. as well.

Manfred

> > > Hirotsugu A.

jruby-ldap works well with me.

Eng Khaled alHabache
http://www.khelll.com

On Sat, Feb 28, 2009 at 12:05 PM, Manfred U. <