Forum: RSpec [Cucumber] pretty html output?

Announcement (2017-05-07): www.ruby-forum.com is now read-only since I unfortunately do not have the time to support and maintain the forum any more. Please see rubyonrails.org/community and ruby-lang.org/en/community for other Rails- und Ruby-related community platforms.
Phlip (Guest)
on 2009-02-25 18:48
(Received via mailing list)
Cucumberists (and RSpec Classic users ;):

How can we convert a Cucumber feature file into HTML with syntax
highlighting?

Not the test-runner output; that's preprocessed so it does not match the
input
file...

Tx!

--
   Phlip
Ben M. (Guest)
on 2009-02-25 22:15
(Received via mailing list)
Phlip wrote:
> Cucumberists (and RSpec Classic users ;):
>
> How can we convert a Cucumber feature file into HTML with syntax
> highlighting?
>
> Not the test-runner output; that's preprocessed so it does not match
> the input file...
>
> Tx!
>
Using this:

http://github.com/bmabey/cucumber-pygments-lexer/tree/master

You can get something like:

http://www.benmabey.com/cucumber_on_github.html

Let me know if you have questions.

-Ben
Phlip (Guest)
on 2009-02-25 22:36
(Received via mailing list)
Ben M. wrote:

> http://github.com/bmabey/cucumber-pygments-lexer/tree/master
>
> You can get something like:
>
> http://www.benmabey.com/cucumber_on_github.html

Nice! Will use!

And could we make it ... cucumber colored? like cucumber.css probably
does? (-:
Ben M. (Guest)
on 2009-02-25 23:37
(Received via mailing list)
Phlip wrote:
> And could we make it ... cucumber colored? like cucumber.css probably
> does? (-:

cucumber.css?  Is that what cucumber uses for it's HTML formatter?  I'm
sure you could.  I would recommend starting with the github css I have
in the project and use Firebug/Webdeveloper to change the styles inline
until it looks good to you.  If you change them with Webdeveloper (the
Firefox plugin) you can save the new CSS to a different file.  If you
end up creating new CSS please fork the project and send me a pull
request for it. :)  Thanks.

-Ben
Phlip (Guest)
on 2009-02-26 01:27
(Received via mailing list)
Ben M. wrote:

>> And could we make it ... cucumber colored? like cucumber.css probably
>> does? (-:
>
> cucumber.css?  Is that what cucumber uses for it's HTML formatter?  I'm
> sure you could.  I would recommend starting with the github css I have
> in the project and use Firebug/Webdeveloper to change the styles inline
> until it looks good to you.  If you change them with Webdeveloper (the
> Firefox plugin) you can save the new CSS to a different file.  If you
> end up creating new CSS please fork the project and send me a pull
> request for it. :)  Thanks.

Uh, I had just figured (only going for the leafy green cucumber-plant
colors and
the standard Helvetica font) to reach out to the user's cucumber.css in
its
distro and borrow it. Or borrow it myself and check in a copy, but
either way I
did figure on editing it!

I will add your suggestions to the potential do-list...

BTW you can just copy styles out of Firebug, too, at least one block at
a time!

--
   Phlip
gcristelli (Guest)
on 2009-03-02 01:26
(Received via mailing list)
Hi Philip,
I use the vim (with the tpope
http://github.com/tpope/vim-cucumber/tree/master)
and the command  Syntax -> Convert to HTML

Giovanni
This topic is locked and can not be replied to.