Forum: Ruby on Rails How to resolve JavaScripts Conflict

Salil G. (Guest)
on 2009-02-25 15:57
How to resolve the javascripts conflicts between jQuery.js and
prototype.js.

Thanks
Salil
Jason R. (Guest)
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=jquery+with+prototype

On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 8:57 AM, Salil G.
Conrad T. (Guest)
On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 5:57 AM, Salil G. <

> How to resolve the javascripts conflicts between jQuery.js and
> prototype.js.

 Hi, what conflict you're having in regards to jQuery and prototype?
I'm
guess that you're talking
about the use of $(...).  Here's a good post on a blog:

http://disjointthoughts.com/2007/08/17/getting-thi...

Good luck,

-Conrad
Salil G. (Guest)
on 2009-02-25 17:10
Thanx 2 both of u for a quick reply.
My problem is if Both libraries included then only first library works.
i.e. if i include prototype.js then jQuery.js then only prototype.js
works.
on change select list and toggle box which used jQuery.js doesn't work.

Conrad T. wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 5:57 AM, Salil G. <
> removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
>

>> How to resolve the javascripts conflicts between jQuery.js and
>> prototype.js.
>>

>  Hi, what conflict you're having in regards to jQuery and prototype?
> I'm
> guess that you're talking
> about the use of $(...).  Here's a good post on a blog:

http://disjointthoughts.com/2007/08/17/getting-thi...

> Good luck,
>
> -Conrad
Salil G. (Guest)
on 2009-02-25 17:16
i am using......

Prototype JavaScript framework, version 1.6.0.1

jQuery 1.2.3 - New Wave Javascript

rails-2.0.2
Billy H. (Guest)
I will include jquery first, than include prototype:

<head>
  <%= javascript_include_tag "jquery" %>
  <script>var $j = jQuery.noConflict(); </script>
  <%= javascript_include_tag "prototype" %>
</head>

or You can write jQuery code by this way:

<script>
  (function($){/* Write jQuery Codes in here */})(jQuery);
</script>

On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 11:16 PM, Salil G. <

TWRUG Blog:
http://blog.rubyonrails.org.tw

CFC on Rails:
http://zusocfc.blogspot.com