Forum: RSpec [Cucumber] Enforce a skip on a non-implemented step

aidy lewis (Guest)

When we create step defintions. For example:

When /^that data is loaded$/ do

end

The above is seen in the Cucucmber run as implemented.

Is it possible to put something within this method to enforce a skip
flag?

Aidy
Aslak H. (Guest)
On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 11:52 AM, aidy lewis
<removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:
> Is it possible to put something within this method to enforce a skip flag?

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. You want to skip running
certain step definitions if a certain condition is true?

When /^that data is loaded$/ do
  unless ENV['MAGIC']
    # load the data

$ MAGIC=true cucumber ...

Aslak
Joseph W. (Guest)
aidy lewis wrote:
> Is it possible to put something within this method to enforce a skip flag?

Do you mean something like the 'pending' function but it instead marks
the step as skipped?

When /^that data is loaded$/ do
  skip
end

> Aidy

Joseph W.
http://blog.josephwilk.net
Josh K. (Guest)
On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 5:52 AM, aidy lewis
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When we create step defintions. For example:
>
> When /^that data is loaded$/ do
>
> end

Are you familiar with the "pending" method?

i.e.

When /^that data is loaded$/
  pending
end
aidy lewis (Guest)
Hi Josh et al
On 25/02/2009, Josh K. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

I was not familiar, but it is exactly what I needed.

Thanks

Aidy