Forum: Ruby array

Vetrivel V. (Guest)
on 2009-02-25 06:54

How to Join multiple arrays in a single method in ruby
Ex:
     a= [ 1 ,2 , 3]
      b = [4,5,6]
      c = [7,8,9]
Using single method i want b and c array content into the a array.
Ashik A. (Guest)
on 2009-02-25 06:59
Vetrivel V. wrote:

> How to Join multiple arrays in a single method in ruby
> Ex:
>      a= [ 1 ,2 , 3]
>       b = [4,5,6]
>       c = [7,8,9]
> Using single method i want b and c array content into the a array.

Hey , what is this ? are you read documentation for ruby or any thing
else ?.

Answer is ,
     a + b + c
Vetrivel V. (Guest)
on 2009-02-25 07:05
Ashikali A. wrote:
> Vetrivel V. wrote:
>>

>> How to Join multiple arrays in a single method in ruby
>> Ex:
>>      a= [ 1 ,2 , 3]
>>       b = [4,5,6]
>>       c = [7,8,9]
>> Using single method i want b and c array content into the a array.
>
> Hey , what is this ? are you read documentation for ruby or any thing
> else ?.
>
> Answer is ,
>      a + b + c

We can do this .In ruby The '+' is method.You are calling '+' method
three times.But I have asked using single function we have to do.
Brian A. (Guest)
Ashikali A. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> writes:

> Hey , what is this ? are you read documentation for ruby or any thing
> else ?.
>
> Answer is ,
>      a + b + c

I expect that was what the OP was looking for. But on the other hand,
your solution involves two methods, not one. One way to do it with one
method is the following:

require 'pp'

class Array
  def concat_multi! *lists
    lists.each {|list| self.concat(list) }

a = [1, 2, 3]
b = [4, 5, 6]
c = [7, 8, 9]
d = [10, 11]

a.concat_multi!(b, c, d)

pp a
lasitha (Guest)
On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 10:34 AM, Vetrivel V.
> Ashikali A. wrote:
>> Answer is ,
>>      a + b + c
>
> We can do this .In ruby The '+' is method.You are calling '+' method
> three times.But I have asked using single function we have to do.

Why?  Is this a quiz question?  Please explain why it matters that
it's a single method call.

Does this work for you?:
[a, b, c].flatten

Cheers,