Forum: Ruby on Rails Named route called "connect"

dodeantn (Guest)

is it possible to create a named route called "connect"? There's no
way to do it the "normal" way (e.g. map.connect :controller =>
"connect", :action => "index") since connect is the name of a
predefined method in the routing mechanism of rails.

Is it possible to declare the connection and the helper methods
separately? Are there public ActionController::Routing methods to
accomplish this?

Many thanks in advance.
Frederick C. (Guest)
On 24 Feb 2009, at 18:02, dodeantn wrote:

> accomplish this?

map.foo ...

just expands to map.named_route('foo', ...) if my memory is correct

Fred