Forum: Ruby Monitoring time spent running classes and methods

Mario R. (Guest)
on 2009-02-24 12:53
I would like to know if there is any way to know how much time my
classes and methods are running. I would like to improve it running the
test cases faster so  I need to know which ones should be the first to
improve.

So... my question is... how can I know the running time for every single
method and class? I mean without including in every method a log at the
beginning and end since I have hundreds of them.

Thanks in advance.
Florian G. (Guest)
On Feb 24, 2009, at 11:53 AM, Mario R. wrote:

> beginning and end since I have hundreds of them.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> --

I would say: thats highly dependant on the operating system you use.
For example,
on OS X and Solaris, I would suggest to use dtrace for such a task.

Regards,
Florian

--
Florian G.

smtp:   removed_email_address@domain.invalid
jabber: removed_email_address@domain.invalid
gpg:    533148E2
Mario R. (Guest)
on 2009-02-24 13:48
I'm working on Vista

Florian G. wrote:
> On Feb 24, 2009, at 11:53 AM, Mario R. wrote:

Alex F. (Guest)
Mario R. wrote:

> So... my question is... how can I know the running time for every single
> method and class?

Run the script you're interested in tracing with -rprofile

ruby -rprofile how_long_does_this_stuff_take.rb

Mario R. (Guest)
on 2009-02-24 14:58
Thanks a lot
Is there any Eclipse plug-in that can do the same?