Forum: Ruby how to decrypt, after encrypting using digest/sha1

Srikanth J. (Guest)
on 2009-02-24 09:15
hi ,
i encrypted this way using digest/sha1..

require'digest/sha1'
=> true

Digest::SHA1.hexdigest "srikanthjeeva.blogspot.com"
=> "4c76cbd20f88c700e95bf55b3c1f7a37aead432c"

now can any one help how to decrypt.????
Simon K. (Guest)
* Srikanth J. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> (08:14) schrieb:

> hi ,
> i encrypted this way using digest/sha1..
>
> require'digest/sha1'
> => true
>
> Digest::SHA1.hexdigest "srikanthjeeva.blogspot.com"
> => "4c76cbd20f88c700e95bf55b3c1f7a37aead432c"
>
> now can any one help how to decrypt.????

SHA1 is no encryption scheme, it's a secure hash (also called digest).
It's nearly impossible to deliberately construct a file with the same
hash, even if you know the original file. So it's actually the opposite
of something meant to be decrypted.

mfg,                       simon .... l
Srikanth J. (Guest)
on 2009-02-24 10:54
Simon K. wrote:

> SHA1 is no encryption scheme, it's a secure hash (also called digest).
> It's nearly impossible to deliberately construct a file with the same
> hash, even if you know the original file. So it's actually the opposite
> of something meant to be decrypted.
>
> mfg,                       simon .... l

k, thanks simon..