Forum: Ruby Why Enumerable adds "replace" method?

Iñaki Baz C. (Guest)
Hi, when including Enumerable module in a class, its instances get
the "replace" method in which I'm not interested. Why this method is
added?
It doesn't appear in Enumerable.

Thanks.
Daniel B. (Guest)
On Feb 23, 12:30 pm, Iñaki Baz C. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> Hi, when including Enumerable module in a class, its instances get
> the "replace" method in which I'm not interested. Why this method is added?

It isn't.

Ruby 1.8.6 p114

class Foo
   include Enumerable
end

Foo.instance_methods.include?('replace') => false

Regards,

Dan
Iñaki Baz C. (Guest)
El Lunes, 23 de Febrero de 2009, Daniel B.
escribió:>    include Enumerable
> end
>
> Foo.instance_methods.include?('replace') => false

Sorry, my fault. Thanks a lot.