Forum: Ruby on Rails jquery, ajax, and Internet Explorer

John M. (Guest)
on 2009-02-23 19:40
I have a code like this that works in all browsers and not IE. That is
they send the expected GET request while IE is sending a POST request. I
have tested this using IE7

$.ajax({
         url: this.href, type: 'get', dataType: 'script', success:
function(data){

while in the view I have the normal link_to link.

How do I fix this issue?
Robert W. (Guest)
on 2009-02-24 03:01
John M. wrote:
> I have a code like this that works in all browsers and not IE. That is
> they send the expected GET request while IE is sending a POST request. I
> have tested this using IE7
>
> $.ajax({
>          url: this.href, type: 'get', dataType: 'script', success:
> function(data){
>
> while in the view I have the normal link_to link.
>
> How do I fix this issue?

You could start by getting Microsoft to write a decent web browser.

Sorry, I don't have an answer for you. I just wanted you to know I feel
your pain.
groovetrain (Guest)
What about using $.getScript(this.href, function(data) { ... } );

Just a thought.

Groove

On Feb 23, 12:40 pm, John M. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
John M. (Guest)
on 2009-02-24 09:09
I fixed the problem by capitalizing the word "get"