Forum: GNU Radio Problem to listen to FM

jingx kwan (Guest)
Hello,

It isn't create any sound from the usrp_wfm_rcv.py command when I set to
listen to the Frequency 91.5. It is running under Ubuntus 8.04 and Dell
Latitude D610 notebook. I doubt that the notebook sound card doesn't
support
the below command line. I don't know why I can't listen to the FM. Could
you
please point me to the solution?

I run the following command:

./usrp_wfm_rcv.py -f 91.5M -O plughw:0,0

Thank you.
Patrick S. (Guest)
jingx kwan wrote am 2009-02-22 20:19:
> Hello,
>
> It isn't create any sound from the usrp_wfm_rcv.py command when I set to
> listen to the Frequency 91.5. It is running under Ubuntus 8.04 and Dell
> Latitude D610 notebook. I doubt that the notebook sound card doesn't
> support the below command line. I don't know why I can't listen to the
> FM.
 >
> Could you please point me to the solution?

Yes, if you provide a little more information:

Have you read all the READMEs, FAQs and things labeled with "doc" or
"documentation"?
Have searched the mailing list archives? I recommend GMANE.org.
Have searched the Internet?

If you'r unsure what to do first and what to write in a mail asking for
help, have a look at

You've told us about your computer model and your OS version, but not
about your GNU Radio version.
Did you install it through your OS' packet managment system or build
from source viw SVN? Which version?

Have you tried other commands? Did they work? Some output on the command
line?

Have you been able to get some sound output with the programs from
gnuradio-examples/python/audio directory? If dial_tone.py is not
working, you should sort this out at first.

> I run the following command:
>
> ./usrp_wfm_rcv.py -f 91.5M -O plughw:0,0

"It isn't create any sound" is not very specific.
Please send us the copy of the output of the command. If there are
errors, you have not showed us any trace of it.

Patrick
Patrick S. <patrick dot strasser at student dot tugraz dot at>