Forum: Ruby on Rails Page with download

Perry S. (Guest)
on 2009-02-22 00:32
I want to have a single link that displays a page and also starts a
download.  Is that possible?
Frederick C. (Guest)
On 21 Feb 2009, at 22:32, Perry S. wrote:

> I want to have a single link that displays a page and also starts a
> download.  Is that possible?

not quite - for a single http request there will be a single response:
either an html page, or a file (or a redirect etc...).

You could serve a page which after a few second redirected to the
download url.

Fred