Forum: Ruby on Rails Not using view layout application.rhtml on certian things

Morgan M. (Guest)
on 2009-02-20 19:23
so i have a view that pops up in a window and the application.rhtml
includes all the navigation stuff sooo the navigation stuff shows up in
the window.. is there a way to have certian views ignore the
view/layouts/application.rhtml?
Maurício L. (Guest)
render :action => 'some_action', :layout => false

-
Maurício Linhares
(en)

On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 2:23 PM, Morgan M.
Morgan M. (Guest)
on 2009-02-20 20:43
Maurício Linhares wrote:
> render :action => 'some_action', :layout => false
>
> -
> Maur�cio Linhares
> http://alinhavado.wordpress.com/ (pt-br) | http://blog.codevader.com/
> (en)
>

> On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 2:23 PM, Morgan M.

Thank you..  worked like a charm.
Chris K. (Guest)
You could also use something like the following:

class AController < ActionController::Base
  layout "my_layout", :except => [ :action1, :action2 ]

Mauricio's method might be preferred when you're using the default
layout
and you've just got a couple of actions that don't require the layout.

On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 7:43 PM, Morgan M. <