Forum: Ruby on Rails how to change sqlite3 to mysql..??

haneef5k (Guest)
im new to ruby on Rails..i install all ror files..if i try to work in
database there is sqlite3 is default.??..  if i change to mysql  im
getting error...in localhost development side...??
how to change sqlite3 to mysql..?? help pls..??
Hassan S. (Guest)
On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 8:06 AM, haneef5k <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:

> how to change sqlite3 to mysql..??

1) install MySQL
2) install mysql gem
3) edit config/database.yml appropriately
4) if you've already started development, run
       rake db:schema:load
    to install your tables

HTH,
Ar C. (Guest)
on 2009-02-20 18:22
If you're just getting started, create your project with:

rails myproject -d mysql
Leonardo Borges (Guest)
Please, be more specific. What error message are u getting?

Anyway, i suspect that it's because u don't have the mysql gem
installed.

Try installing it: gem install mysql
haneef5k (Guest)
Thank for reply...

On Feb 20, 9:19 pm, Hassan S. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
haneef5k (Guest)
Thank for reply...
haneef5k (Guest)
Can u tell me how to install full RoR complete package with default of
database adapter with mysql .?im getting sqlite3 is default???

On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 8:27 AM, haneef5k <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:

> Can u tell me how to install full RoR complete package with default of
> database adapter with mysql .?im getting sqlite3 is default???

Yes, SQLite3 is the current default; if you want to use something else
you need to follow the process I outlined.

HTH,
Dharmdip R. (Guest)
on 2009-02-21 13:10
Download edge Instantrails .
and make rails application from command promt

rails -d mysql applicationname
you can able to work with mysql.
haneef5k (Guest)
Hi, Schroeder

Can u tell me,? which editor is best for Ruby on Rails..apps??

On Sat, Feb 28, 2009 at 9:26 PM, haneef5k <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:

> Can u tell me,? which editor is best for Ruby on Rails..apps??

The one you're most proficient with  :-)

At various times I use jEdit, NetBeans and vi for Rails development,
all reasonably cross-platform so I don't have to switch mental gears
too much going between Linux and Mac. YMMV,

Mikaele Pereira (Guest)
myproject user$ cd user $ *rails new myproject -d mysql*
say 'no' for all question but for' Overwrite .../myproject/config/*
database.yml*? (enter "h" for help) [Ynaqdh]' say 'yes'