Forum: GNU Radio R: Intel ATOM WHOOAAAAA Nellie

Alberto T. (Guest)
Hi Bob

Your detailed description below triggers one question.

I'm about to setup a desktop (non portable) platform for GNURadio.
I know how to assemble a PC, but actually not expert in selectin HW.
ATOM is a good new product.
But as long as I'm not interested in portability, low power and in nifty
graphics (but of course nifty sound), and
not interested in supporting a lot of periferals (a bunch of good USB2
will do), and only interested in outstanding CPU
power and RAM access speed, is ATOM still the choice?
I may not wait for the NVidia ION to arrive.

Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance
Alberto

"flexradio"<removed_email_address@domain.invalid>, "mep"<mep-dev@uppermeadow.
com>, "GNURadio D.ion List"<removed_email_address@domain.invalid>, "High
Performance Software Defined Radio D.ion List"
<removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
>addressed the desire for 64 bit OS, but we still had pretty slow memory
>currently have but these new ones will represent bit steps in the right
>motherboard for Nvidia ION.
>Member: ARRL, AMSAT, AMSAT-DL, TAPR, Packrats,
>Discuss-gnuradio mailing list
>removed_email_address@domain.invalid

Attiva Tiscali Tutto Incluso: telefoni e navighi senza limiti A SOLI €10
AL MESE FINO ALL’ESTATE. Attiva entro il 26/02/09!
http://abbonati.tiscali.it/promo/tuttoincluso/