Forum: Ruby on Rails Calculate Compound interest

Ankit P. (Guest)
on 2009-02-20 10:17
Hi

I want to calculate compound interest on monthly and daily basis. I am
doing this with the formula.

Now the question is wats the syntax for ^ in raise to since i want to do
something like A= p(1+R)^N

Now ^ symbol for raise to is not working. Let me know what should i do
instead of that?

Thanks
Shiv N Gautam (Guest)
pow(x,y) can be represented as x**y

--
Shiv N Gautam

On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 1:47 PM, Ankit P. <

> instead of that?
>
> Thanks
> --

Bill Watterson  - "There is not enough time to do all the nothing we
want to
do."