Forum: NGINX Can nginx work with multiple certificates...

Robert G. (Guest)
on 2009-02-19 11:58
I have multiple subdomains and domains, but only one IP address. Can
nginx work with this subdomains and domain on ssl and of course
different certificates without having multiple IP addresses and/or
different ports?
mike (Guest)
running multiple SSL certs on the same IP requires SNI

which nginx supports, as long as your openssl build supports SNI.

also there is limited browser support for SNI - IE7 (I don't think on
XP though), Safari, Firefox, and only certain versions and above on
all of them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Server_Name_Indication has all the info.
Wincent C. (Guest)
El 19/2/2009, a las 10:58, Robert G.
escribió:
> I have multiple subdomains and domains, but only one IP address. Can
> nginx work with this subdomains and domain on ssl and of course
> different certificates without having multiple IP addresses and/or
> different ports?

No. No webserver can.

Cheers,
Wincent
Wincent C. (Guest)
El 19/2/2009, a las 11:16, Wincent C.
escribió:
> El 19/2/2009, a las 10:58, Robert G. escribió:
>
>> I have multiple subdomains and domains, but only one IP address. Can
>> nginx work with this subdomains and domain on ssl and of course
>> different certificates without having multiple IP addresses and/or
>> different ports?
>
> No. No webserver can.

I stand corrected!

Cheers,
Wincent
Robert G. (Guest)
on 2009-02-19 13:59
Wincent C. wrote:
> El 19/2/2009, a las 11:16, Wincent C.
>escribi�:
> El 19/2/2009, a las 10:58, Robert G. escribi�:
>
>>> I have multiple subdomains and domains, but only one IP address. Can
>>> nginx work with this subdomains and domain on ssl and of course
>>> different certificates without having multiple IP addresses and/or
>>> different ports?
>>
>> No. No webserver can.
>
> I stand corrected!
>
> Cheers,