Forum: Ruby on Rails Trouble installing rails on CentOS 5.2

Paryank K. (Guest)
on 2009-02-19 07:54
My PC is running CentOS 5.2 with Ruby 1.8.6 and Ruby-devel package
installed. I have installed RubyGems by downloading rubygems-1.3.1.tgz
from rubyforge.org.

Now I am trying to install Rails by the following command:

gem install rails

It gives the following error:

ERROR:  While executing gem ... (Zlib::DataError)
    incorrect header check

I have tried installing other gem packages like hpricot, needle. They
all are installed successfully but I cannot install rails.

Can somebody please give me a way to resolve this?

Thanks
Paryank
Charles J. (Guest)
On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 11:54 PM, Paryank Kansara <

> ERROR:  While executing gem ... (Zlib::DataError)
>    incorrect header check
>
> I have tried installing other gem packages like hpricot, needle. They
> all are installed successfully but I cannot install rails.
>
> Can somebody please give me a way to resolve this?
>
> Thanks
> Paryank

Are you running 64-bit? If so, do you have both 32-bit and 64-bit zlib
installed?
yum list installed

zlib.i386                                1.2.3-3
installed

zlib.x86_64                           1.2.3-3                installed

zlib-devel.i386                       1.2.3-3                installed

zlib-devel.x86_64                   1.2.3-3                installed

Cheers--

Charles
Paryank K. (Guest)
on 2009-02-20 06:40
I am running 32-bit. zlib and zlib-devel are already installed on my PC.