Forum: Ruby Is there a Ruby/Tk-specific forum/site/group?

C. D. (Guest)
on 2009-02-19 06:41
Hello all,

I'm trying to do non-simple things with Ruby and Tk (on Windows), so is
there a better place to ask them?  Currently I'm using O'Reilly's
"Mastering Perl/Tk" and only a couple websites, but their information is
fairly basic/reference and lacking overall concept explanations...

Thanks!
Mark R. (Guest)
"C. Dagnon" <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> I'm trying to do non-simple things with Ruby and Tk (on Windows), so is
> there a better place to ask them?  Currently I'm using O'Reilly's
> "Mastering Perl/Tk" and only a couple websites, but their information is
> fairly basic/reference and lacking overall concept explanations...

For Ruby Tk documentation try http://www.tkdocs.com

For a forum, try
http://groups.google.com/group/ruby-and-the-tk-tool-kit/

Mark
Alex F. (Guest)
Mark R. wrote:

> For a forum, try http://groups.google.com/group/ruby-and-the-tk-tool-kit/

Erk - I clicked that link and got a large and seriously NSFW advert at
the top: "wow, hairy pu55y...". From the pictures it clearly wasn't
about cats.

Makes me wonder whether Ruby/Tk has some shady sponsors?

Florian G. (Guest)
On Feb 19, 2009, at 1:54 PM, Alex F. wrote:

Well, there are people on the Erlang mailing list reporting a similar
problem.

It seems to be related to group members being allowed to post
attachements and similar bla.

Regards,
Florian G.

--
Florian G.

smtp:   removed_email_address@domain.invalid
jabber: removed_email_address@domain.invalid
gpg:    533148E2
C. D. (Guest)
on 2009-02-19 20:19
Thanks, that's a start.

The google-group link worked fine for me, but the group seems pretty
dead.  Still, I'll see what responses I get to my first couple posts.

I did find Tkdocs earlier in the day, but the tutorial seems to be most
of the information on the site - but I appreciate the information,
especially the overview.  And maybe the news - the link to the survey on
Ruby GUI libraries is interesting.  I guess I'll have to dive into the
alternatives in case they can meet my needs better than Tk can.

Thanks!

-Chris