Forum: Ruby on Rails Writing Multi-Tenant Applications in Rails

friarminor (Guest)
Just wanted to share this link of Guy N. at AAC2009

http://aac2009.confreaks.com/06-feb-2009-14-30-wri...
Andrew P. (Guest)
friarminor wrote:
> Just wanted to share this link of Guy N. at AAC2009

http://aac2009.confreaks.com/06-feb-2009-14-30-wri...

Thanks for that - was a really interesting presentation that gives me
some solutions to an upcoming project.  It also prompted me to look into
making the jump to postgresql (from mysql).
Jean-Marc (M2i3.com) (Guest)
Interesting but knowing that Ruby 1.9 will be better on the multi-
thread portion and knowing that Rails 2.3 is designed to work multi-
threaded I'd be nervous in putting my project into the hand of a
solution that will not work under those circonstances...

The Rails groups improved the ActiveRecord connections to handle pool
of connections... seems to work fine for me right now... might want to
look into it before locking yourself with postgresSQL.  Yes, MySQL
calls them databases but when looking at their purpose and usage they
really are schemas in an Oracle and PostgresSQL sense.

Jean-Marc
http://m2i3.com