Forum: GNU Radio USRP2 with PCMCIA Gigabit Ethernet

Roberto de Matos (Guest)

    Someone knows if the USRP2 works with PCMCIA Gigabit Ethernet
adapter, like this:

http://www.trendnet.com/products/proddetail.asp?pr...

    My notebook has only 10/100 ethernet, and the USRP2 only works with
Gigabit ethernet.

Thank you,

Roberto de Matos
Newman, Timothy (Guest)
I have personally used a Belkin Gigabit express and got it working with
a few minor configuration changes.  Take a look at:

http://gnuradio.org/trac/wiki/USRP2GigEReports

for compatibility reports for different chipsets.

Tim
Eric B. (Guest)
On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 07:02:47PM -0300, Roberto de Matos wrote:
> Thank you,
>
> Roberto de Matos

If your notebook will accept an ExpressCard, you'll be much better off
with that than with a PC Card (PCMCIA).  PCMCIA doesn't usually have
the bandwidth to handle gigabit ethernet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ExpressCard

Eric