Forum: NGINX Nginx max connections

Swish (Guest)
Is there any method to tell if Nginx is hitting max connections, other
than
getting a request timeout? Will anything appear in the logs? I ask for
tuning purposes to get the optimal number of worker_processes and
worker_connections. Also, at what point is it better to increase the
worker_processes vs worker_connections, how can you tell what proportion
is
most efficient?
baalchina (Guest)
You can try nginx status module.

  location ~ ^/status/ {
    stub_status on;
     access_log off;
}
then http://yourdoamin/status
you can find the current connections.
Anton Y. (Guest)
Swish wrote:
> Is there any method to tell if Nginx is hitting max connections, other
> than getting a request timeout? Will anything appear in the logs? I ask
> for tuning purposes to get the optimal number of worker_processes and
> worker_connections. Also, at what point is it better to increase the
> worker_processes vs worker_connections, how can you tell what proportion
> is most efficient?

For tuning purposes it is better to use rrd-graphs.
Here is example (but not best) of how to setup this:
http://blog.kovyrin.net/2006/04/29/monitoring-ngin...
Joe Van D. (Guest)
On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 9:24 AM, Anton Y. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:
> Here is example (but not best) of how to setup this:
> http://blog.kovyrin.net/2006/04/29/monitoring-ngin...

Well, what's the best way of doing it?  :D
Anton Y. (Guest)
Joe Van D. wrote:
>> http://blog.kovyrin.net/2006/04/29/monitoring-ngin...
>
> Well, what's the best way of doing it?  :D

1. Active connections and other (reading/writing) better to show on
different graphs, because
active >> reading and writing.

2. On graph with requests per second better see 3 lines - accepts,
handled, requests

See attached samples for example.
Joe (Guest)
Are you using RRD Tools?