Forum: Ruby on Rails capistrano equivalent for *nix -> Windows deployment

Hassan S. (Guest)
I have a (hopefully short-term) need to deploy a small Rails app to a
Windows XP box.

It's installed and working fine, but I'll be needing to make updates
and enhancements, and would like to be able to do the equivalent of
`cap deploy` and have it "just happen."

Any suggestions?

Maurício L. (Guest)
There isn't anything like capistrano for Windows using Ruby now,
you'll have to do it manually.

-
Maurício Linhares
(en)

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 9:54 PM, Hassan S.
Jeff E. (Guest)
Install TortoiseSVN on the target box, check out your project there &
just do an svn update

On Feb 17, 7:54 pm, Hassan S. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
Hassan S. (Guest)
On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 2:28 PM, jemminger

> Install TortoiseSVN on the target box, check out your project there &
> just do an svn update

We're using git, not subversion, but maybe that's an approach.

Mostly hoping to find a command-line solution that doesn't involve
all that clumsy remote-desktop nonsense, but beginning to think
that's a dream :-)

Thanks though!

Jeff E. (Guest)
There's apparently a Windows + Rsync recipe here:

http://wiki.rubyonrails.com/rails/pages/HowtoUseRs...

On Feb 18, 5:42 pm, Hassan S. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
Edward A. (Guest)
on 2011-07-26 17:51
This is an old thread, but for future reference -
There's a capistrano extension that does this now for Rails apps on git:

https://github.com/SciMed/capistrano-windows-server