Forum: Ruby netbeans 6.5 git://github.com/ activescaffold

Herman M. (Guest)
on 2009-02-17 20:21
Hi Ruby community,

i wanted to install the activescaffold plugin with netbeans.

I can put the url:

git://github.com/activescaffold/active_scaffold.git -r rails-2.2

to the repositories, but it i can't choose it from the new plugins.

I think only http:// repositories are working with rails.

Do somebody have a an advice how netbeans work with other repositories
like git:// etcetera.

Regs,

Herman
Florian G. (Guest)
On Feb 17, 2009, at 7:21 PM, Herman Müller wrote:

> Hi Ruby community,
>
> Do somebody have a an advice how netbeans work with other repositories
> like git:// etcetera.
>
> Regs,
>
> Herman
> -- Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/.

a) this seems to be a pure Netbeans problem. Rails has no problem with
git://-urls, as long as you have git installed. Try it by navigating
your console to the base path of your application and executing:

./script/install plugin git://github.com/activescaffold/
active_scaffold.git -r rails-2.2

b) this is not the Rails framework but the Ruby Language mailing list.
Chances are that you will find better help there.[1]

Regards,
Florian

[1]: For anonymous access: http://www.ruby-forum.com/forum/3

--
Florian G.

smtp:   removed_email_address@domain.invalid
jabber: removed_email_address@domain.invalid
gpg:    533148E2
Herman M. (Guest)
on 2009-02-17 21:34
Hi Florian,

a.) what do you mean with base path?

b.) sorry, i posted my question to the wrong mailing list.

Regs

Herman