Forum: Ruby regex does not contain - or no match

Sergio T. R. (Guest)
on 2009-02-17 05:06
okay, for some reason, i am not getting this.. i am feeling very
stupid..

i am trying to find a case where the regex does NOT match..

i have tried:

string !=~/regex/

but this doesn't seem to work..

anyone have any ideas how to do this?

thanks!
David A. Black (Guest)
Hi --

On Tue, 17 Feb 2009, Sergio R. wrote:

> okay, for some reason, i am not getting this.. i am feeling very
> stupid..
>
> i am trying to find a case where the regex does NOT match..
>
> i have tried:
>
> string !=~/regex/
>
> but this doesn't seem to work..

string !~ /regex/

David

Ruby Training Atlanta! April 1-3, http://www.entp.com/training/atlanta09
Sergio T. R. (Guest)
on 2009-02-17 05:41

> string !~ /regex/
>

> David

wow!

that totally worked!

thanks SO much!

i can't believe that was so hard to find!