Forum: RSpec [Cucumber, rspec-rails] uninitialized constant ActionController::UrlEncodedPairParser

Steve R. (Guest)
It seems there's a known anomaly between rspec-rails and Rails 2.3.
That causes the error "uninitialized constant
ActionController::UrlEncodedPairParser". I know there is a fix in
somebody's repo, but what's the best way to get a working gem version
of webrat/cucumber/rspec/rspec-rails that will work with 2.2.2 and
2.3? Scrubbing the gems off and installing the latest release gems
don't pull in the fix.

Thanks
David C. (Guest)
Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 16, 2009, at 4:17 PM, "s.ross" <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:

> It seems there's a known anomaly between rspec-rails and Rails 2.3.
> That causes the error "uninitialized constant
> ActionController::UrlEncodedPairParser". I know there is a fix in
> somebody's repo, but what's the best way to get a working gem
> version of webrat/cucumber/rspec/rspec-rails that will work with
> 2.2.2 and 2.3? Scrubbing the gems off and installing the latest
> release gems don't pull in the fix.

The latest gems from github work with rails 2.3:

gem install dchelimsky-rspec-rails

(that will pull rspec as a dependency as well)
Mike G. (Guest)
They are now using using the parser in Rack.

Likely Rspec doesn't have this yet on a release or possibly even master.
Take a look at:

http://webrat.lighthouseapp.com/projects/10503/tic...

For a similar patch.

-Mike
Josh K. (Guest)
On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 5:28 PM, David C. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:
> The latest gems from github work with rails 2.3:

The problem is in Webrat.  I have a hack in my fork, but we need to
figure out a longer-term solution.  Bug is open, hopefully we can
knock it out this week.  Patches welcome.

--
Josh K.
phone: 509-979-1593

http://webrat.lighthouseapp.com/attachments/87914/...

did the trick for 2.2.2 and 2.3.

Eek! :)
David C. (Guest)
Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 16, 2009, at 4:42 PM, Mike G. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:

> They are now using using the parser in Rack.
>
> Likely Rspec doesn't have this yet on a release or possibly even
> master.

Actually we do. Grab the latest!