Forum: Ruby on Rails testing: switch on all caching?

itsastickup (Guest)
I would like to speed up my tests and I've noticed that not all
caching is switched on in test.rb, and can't think why not.

I've thought to do this:

config.cache_classes = true
config.action_controller.perform_caching             = true
config.action_view.cache_template_loading            = true

Good idea?
Jeff E. (Guest)
On Feb 16, 4:58 pm, itsastickup <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> I would like to speed up my tests and I've noticed that not all
> caching is switched on in test.rb, and can't think why not.
>
> I've thought to do this:
>
> config.cache_classes = true
> config.action_controller.perform_caching             = true
> config.action_view.cache_template_loading            = true
>
> Good idea?

Try it and find out.  Think about what might go wrong:  do you have
tests expecting some behavior that caching might interfere with?

Also, I have some pretty big test suites, but they run in 1- 2 minutes
at most.  How long are yours taking?  Is it perhaps inefficient code?
itsastickup (Guest)
Thanks for the reply. It is that I can't think what would break. At
the same time the project was configured by default with caching off,
and yet a production site needs to have been tested with cacheing on.
Therefore I would suppose there was a pretty good reason for that
caching to be off that the rails devs know of, and I don't.