Forum: Ruby on Rails Find duplicate entries

Stephan M. (Guest)
on 2009-02-16 18:52
Hey all,

i create a hash from an description field to find equal entries.
Now i want to show only the entries with an equal hash.
(Hash value is stored in text_hash field on the model)

I try :group => 'text_hash' but i dont figure out the where condition.
(Where Count(*) > 2 something like this... )

Can this be done with minimum?

Thanks for help :)
Stephan M. (Guest)
on 2009-02-16 20:34
I think i have a solution:

:group => "text_hash having count(text_hash) > 2

but how to :order, :order => 'text_hash DESC' seems not to work :-/

Perhaps i have to sort the result collection...

Stephan M. wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> i create a hash from an description field to find equal entries.
> Now i want to show only the entries with an equal hash.
> (Hash value is stored in text_hash field on the model)
>
> I try :group => 'text_hash' but i dont figure out the where condition.
> (Where Count(*) > 2 something like this... )
>
> Can this be done with minimum?
>
> Thanks for help :)
Frederick C. (Guest)
On 16 Feb 2009, at 16:52, Stephan M. wrote:

> Can this be done with minimum?
you need a 'having' clause to filter on an aggregate function such as
count. rails 2.3 allows you to pass :having => '...' with old versions
you need to do mucky stuff like :group => 'text_hash having something
 >2'

Fred
Julian L. (Guest)
You need to clean up your question. It makes no sense. Please be
clearer if you want a response.

Blog: http://random8.zenunit.com/
Learn rails: http://sensei.zenunit.com/

On 17/02/2009, at 3:52 AM, Stephan M.