Forum: Ruby on Rails How to set roles during user creation (role_requirement+rest

Rails L. (Guest)
on 2009-02-16 14:11
I am using role_requirement + restful_authentication for my project.
Role based authorization works fine as long as data is present in
roles_users table for users and roles.  I would like to insert data into
this table when some one sign up as a new user. How do I insert a record
in this table as soon as someone signs up or someone activates their
account?.

Are there any methods like (has_role 'registered') that inserts the data
into that table?.
Ramon T. (Guest)
You can do an after_create in the user that has_role 'registered'

Ramon T.

On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 8:11 PM, Rails L.
Rails L. (Guest)
on 2009-02-16 18:31
Ramon T. wrote:
> You can do an after_create in the user that has_role 'registered'
>
> Ramon T.
>

> On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 8:11 PM, Rails L.

Hi Ramon

Can I have a bit more detailed instruction.  i am  a newbie, hence i
find it difficult. Thanks in advance