Forum: GNU Radio EEPROM warning

Woody D. (Guest)
Hello,

Any know what is the cause of the following EEPROM warning?  I would
appreciate any suggestion on how to resolve this problem.

[root@home usr]# usrp_siggen.py -f1

Warning: Treating daughterboard with invalid EEPROM contents as if it
were a "Basic Tx."
Warning: This is almost certainly wrong...  Use appropriate
burn-*-eeprom utility.

Using TX d'board A: Flex 900 Tx MIMO B
Failed to set RF frequency

Regards,
Woody
Jason U. (Guest)
> Warning: Treating daughterboard with invalid EEPROM contents as if it
> were a "Basic Tx."
> Warning: This is almost certainly wrong...  Use appropriate
> burn-*-eeprom utility.

have you tried using the appropriate burn-*-eeprom utility?

It should be something like "gnuradio/usrp/host/apps/burn-db-eeprom -f
-A -t (your card type)".  You can find your card type and the options
in the code here:
http://www.gnuradio.org/trac/browser/gnuradio/trun...
(burn-db-eeprom -h might work, mine fails)

Jason
Jason U. (Guest)
2009/2/16 Jason U. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>:
> in the code here:

http://www.gnuradio.org/trac/browser/gnuradio/trun...
> (burn-db-eeprom -h might work, mine fails)
>
> Jason

Ack, that's a very old link, drop the '?rev=6130' from the end
Matt E. (Guest)
Woody D. wrote:
> burn-*-eeprom utility.
>
> Using TX d'board A: Flex 900 Tx MIMO B
> Failed to set RF frequency

What do you have on the B side?

Matt
Woody D. (Guest)
I have one USRP board and 2 Flex900 boards.  The Flex900 board has
both RX2 and TX/RX.  I installed and screwed both Flex900 boards on
USRP motherboard and make sure all the holds are matched.

On the B side, I have Flex900 card.

What do you think could be the problem?

Thanks,
Woody
Woody D. (Guest)
Hi Jason,

Thanks for your help.

Does it mean I should burn the  EEPROM myself?

Where can I get the instruction on how to build the EEPROM?

Since I don't see any EEPROM burning instruction from the gnuradio
installation doc.  I just want to confirm the exact steps on that so I
would accidentally destroyed my EEPROM.

Thanks,
Woody
Woody D. (Guest)

I burn the EEPROM but I am still getting some problems:

[root@fodora apps]# ./burn-db-eeprom -A -t rfx900_mimo_b --force
TX_A: OK
RX_A: OK
[root@fodora apps]# usrp_siggen.py --const -f 10M -i 128
Using TX d'board A: Flex 900 Tx MIMO B
Failed to set RF frequency

I am still getting the same error.

I would appreciate any help in getting my USRP to work.

Thanks,
Woody
Woody D. (Guest)
I got it now.  I was not using the correct frequency range.  I get it
worked out using -f 950M

Thanks,
Woody