Forum: RSpec Sinitra and Cucumber

Andrew P. (Guest)
Hi all,

Anyone using cucumber with sinitra (current). Wondering if I need to use
Aslaks sinatra/webrat forks. Also if anyone has a sample app :)

All best

Andrew
Aslak H. (Guest)
On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 7:39 AM, Andrew P.
<removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Anyone using cucumber with sinitra (current). Wondering if I need to use
> Aslaks sinatra/webrat forks. Also if anyone has a sample app :)

I've created a ticket for it:
http://rspec.lighthouseapp.com/projects/16211-cucu...

Aslak
Steve T. (Guest)
on 2009-02-26 14:27
http://tooky.github.com/2009/02/05/getting-started...

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 1:27 PM, Steve T. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:
> http://tooky.github.com/2009/02/05/getting-started...

 Rob H. updated the wiki yesterday:
http://wiki.github.com/aslakhellesoy/cucumber/sinatra
(He reports that the $0 trick described in the blog doesn't work with
the latest Sinatra).
Rob also has an example in his fork, which I have yet to merge into my
repo:
http://github.com/robholland/cucumber/commit/0e12d...

Aslak
Andrew P. (Guest)
Thanks Steve much appreciated :)

2009/2/26 Steve T. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
Steve T. (Guest)
on 2009-02-27 16:04
Aslak Hellesøy wrote:
>  Rob H. updated the wiki yesterday:
> http://wiki.github.com/aslakhellesoy/cucumber/sinatra
> (He reports that the $0 trick described in the blog doesn't work with
> the latest Sinatra).
> Rob also has an example in his fork, which I have yet to merge into my
> repo:
> http://github.com/robholland/cucumber/commit/0e12d...
>
> Aslak

Thanks, I've updated my blog to reflect.
Aslak H. (Guest)
> Aslak Hellesøy wrote:
>> Rob H. updated the wiki yesterday:
>> http://wiki.github.com/aslakhellesoy/cucumber/sinatra
>> (He reports that the $0 trick described in the blog doesn't work with
>> the latest Sinatra).
>> Rob also has an example in his fork, which I have yet to merge into
>> my
>> repo:
>> http://github.com/robholland/cucumber/commit/0e12d...

This is now in my master too.

Aslak
Andrew P. (Guest)
With Cuc and Rails I'd be able to debug step definitions by putting
'debugger' in the relevant step definition. With Sinatra configured as
above
this doesn't work. Any tips on making this work and/or explaining whats
different/

Cheers

Andrew

2009/2/27 Aslak Hellesøy <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
Rob H. (Guest)
On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 4:30 AM, Andrew P. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:
> With Cuc and Rails I'd be able to debug step definitions by putting
> 'debugger' in the relevant step definition. With Sinatra configured as above
> this doesn't work. Any tips on making this work and/or explaining whats
> different/

Just use: require 'ruby-debug/debugger' where you'd normally use
debugger.

The difference is sinatra doesn't load ruby-debug itself.
Andrew P. (Guest)
Thanks alot - works a treat :)