Forum: Ruby :having problem

Ganesh K. (Guest)
on 2009-02-16 08:37
Hi I am using :having option in query it is  giving error like

"Unknown key(s): having"

plz reply me with solution

Advanced Thanks
Ganesh
Gregory B. (Guest)
On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 1:37 AM, Ganesh K.
<removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:
> Hi I am using :having option in query it is  giving error like
>
> "Unknown key(s): having"

Sounds like :having is an unknown key.

-greg
Rick D. (Guest)
wrote:

> Hi I am using :having option in query it is  giving error like
>
> "Unknown key(s): having"
>
> plz reply me with solution

First, off, I'm guessing that this is a question about ActiveRecord,
probably in the context of Rails. In general the rails group does better
fielding these kind of queries than ruby-lang which focuses on the ruby
language, and not so much on rails.

That said.

ActiveRecordBase#find does not have a :having option.   It's been
proposed,
but  never acted upon.  Instead you should add the HAVING clause to the
value of the :group option per the reply by Josh S. in this thread:

http://www.ruby-forum.com/topic/76042

I think that this makes sense, since the HAVING clause must be used in
conjunction with  a GROUP BY clause in SQL

As far as I know, nothing came of making a plugin to add a having option
which was mentioned at the end of this 30 something month old thread.

--
Rick DeNatale