Forum: Ruby on Rails [ JOBS] Looking for rockstar rubyists who eat and breathe healthy code

garage_manager (Guest)
Hello,

We are http://whol.ly , an ambitious startup based in NewYork with our
new development centre in Bangalore. While you are reading this, we
are making tiny steps towards innovation in the world of social
networking. Our goal is to let people discover and participate in
their local life by exchanging services, organising events and meeting
new people, all for fun and better living. This brings us into amazing
situation where we are surrounded by interesting engineering problems
which are technologically unique and socially relevant.

We are glad to announce that our garage has just expanded and we have
many more vacancies for developers who love solving interesting
problems.

What qualifies you to join whol.ly?
1.) 100 years of experience in programming web applications
2.) 1000 years of love with RubyOnRails
3.) You are proud of your Test Driven Development skills (RSpec)
4.) You have an eye on everything thats happening in web 2.0 world

Why should you join us?
1.) We eat and breathe healthy code, just like you.
2.) We want you to jump up your levels of knowledge & productivity.
3.) We understand that you get rightly paid for your abilities.
.
.
.
n.) Ultimately, We are fun loving creatures and encourage work-life
balance.

If all this sounds interesting, drop an email to Abhishek
(removed_email_address@domain.invalid) with your profile and we will get back to
you soon.
Location of work is Bangalore

PS: We will be very impressed if your email contains link to sample
code or opensource community contributions
MaD (Guest)
just an annotation:
make your homepage scrollable. my laptop is only able to show the
whole page if i run my browser in full-screen mode. in standard-mode
the submit-field is outside the visible area.
Matt J. (Guest)
Indeed, that page doesn't bode well overall - it fails horribly unless
the vertical
resolution of the screen is high enough. And it is deliberate - the
effect is produced
by adding position:fixed to the body element. Somebody's designer
needs to be
LARTed...

--Matt J.
nas (Guest)
in mine as well
Colin L. (Guest)
2009/2/16 Matt J. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>

> Indeed, that page doesn't bode well overall - it fails horribly unless
> the vertical
> resolution of the screen is high enough. And it is deliberate - the
> effect is produced
> by adding position:fixed to the body element. Somebody's designer
> needs to be
> LARTed...

Maybe he/she has been sacked and that is why they are looking for new
staff.

Colin