Forum: NGINX LDAP support

Michael Baudino (Guest)
Hello everyone,

I'd like to know if there is any plan to add LDAP support to nginx
authentification, either as a core feature, or as a module ?

There was a module posted here several months ago, but i don't know if
it's still compatible or maintained (it seems not).

Thank you.

PS : if there is a development roadmap available somewhere, please tell
me where to find and forgive this useless post.
Sergio Talens-Oliag (Guest)
El Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 04:09:43PM +0100, Michael Baudino va escriure:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I'd like to know if there is any plan to add LDAP support to nginx
> authentification, either as a core feature, or as a module ?
>
> There was a module posted here several months ago, but i don't know if
> it's still compatible or maintained (it seems not).

I don't know if there are plans to support LDAP directly on nginx, but I
developed a module that can be used to authenticate against it
indirectly if
you use a GNU/Linux based system.

The module is called `ngx_http_auth_pam_module` and is available from:

  http://web.iti.upv.es/~sto/nginx/

The module implements HTTP Basic Authentication against PAM and you can
use a
PAM module to authenticate against LDAP. I'm using it on production with
this
configuration since I developed the module.

Currently the module works with the latest stable nginx version and if
anyone
uses it and finds any bugs I would be happy to fix them, as I plan to
maintain
it until a better option exists.
Michael Baudino (Guest)
Sergio Talens-Oliag wrote:
> developed a module that can be used to authenticate against it indirectly if
> Currently the module works with the latest stable nginx version and if anyone
> uses it and finds any bugs I would be happy to fix them, as I plan to maintain
> it until a better option exists.

Thanks a lot, I'm going to give it a try and let you know.