Forum: RSpec [Cucumber] running `cucumber` without a gem

Bart Z. (Guest)
Hey list,

I have a test server, which doesn't have cucumber as gem, so I
unpacked it into vendor/gems. After some fiddling with load paths, it
works.
However, the "binary" cucumber command won't run, since it needs the
cucumber gem. I tried adjusting that file to actually use the unpacked
gem, but I can't get it to work. What I have now is
http://gist.github.com/63844

Any ideas?
thanks,
bartz
David C. (Guest)
On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 4:47 AM, Bart Z.
> Hey list,
>
> I have a test server, which doesn't have cucumber as gem, so I unpacked it
> into vendor/gems. After some fiddling with load paths, it works.
> However, the "binary" cucumber command won't run, since it needs the
> cucumber gem. I tried adjusting that file to actually use the unpacked gem,
> but I can't get it to work. What I have now is http://gist.github.com/63844

I haven't tried this, but take a peek at http://gist.github.com/63853

The path should include 'lib', and you shouldn't need the other
version resolution stuff.

HTH,
David
Bart Z. (Guest)
On 13 feb 2009, at 12:14, David C. wrote:

>> but I can't get it to work. What I have now is http://gist.github.com/63844
>
> I haven't tried this, but take a peek at http://gist.github.com/63853
>
> The path should include 'lib', and you shouldn't need the other
> version resolution stuff.

Alas, that didn't work. See http://gist.github.com/63874

thanks so far!
bartz
David C. (Guest)
On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 6:23 AM, Bart Z.
>>> into vendor/gems. After some fiddling with load paths, it works.
>
> Alas, that didn't work. See http://gist.github.com/63874

try "load 'cucumber.rb"
Bart Z. (Guest)
On 13 feb 2009, at 16:28, David C. wrote:

>>> I haven't tried this, but take a peek at http://gist.github.com/
>>> 63853
>>>
>>> The path should include 'lib', and you shouldn't need the other
>>> version resolution stuff.
>>
>> Alas, that didn't work. See http://gist.github.com/63874
>
> try "load 'cucumber.rb"

Still no dice. Weird, such a simple concept, but it just won't work...

gr,
bartz
Zach D. (Guest)
Is your file path wrong? I see:

   $:.unshift 'vendor/gems/cucumber-0.1.6/lib'

Shouldn't that be:

   $:.unshift 'vendor/gems/cucumber-0.1.16/lib'

??

On Sat, Feb 14, 2009 at 7:41 AM, Bart Z.
> Still no dice. Weird, such a simple concept, but it just won't work...
>
> gr,
> bartz

Zach D.
http://www.continuousthinking.com
http://www.mutuallyhuman.com
Bart Z. (Guest)
On 14-feb-2009, at 17:43, Zach D. wrote:

> Is your file path wrong? I see:
>
>    $:.unshift 'vendor/gems/cucumber-0.1.6/lib'
>
> Shouldn't that be:
>
>    $:.unshift 'vendor/gems/cucumber-0.1.16/lib'

D'oh! Great catch!
However, it still doesn't work :(. See http://gist.github.com/65073
It loads cucumber, then exits without running any features.