Forum: Ruby on Rails Regarding REST

Krishna P. (Guest)
How to write routes.rb specification to add login.rhtml and
register.rhtml files into my application.
Hafeez S. (Guest)
Login function is like method  "get"
Register function is like method "post"

The syntax for this is :

map.resources :Controller_names, :Login => { :read => :get }
map.resources :Controller_names, :Register => { :read => :post }

Enjoiy.......

Regards
hafeez
Robert W. (Guest)
on 2009-02-13 18:57
Krishna Porandla wrote:
> How to write routes.rb specification to add login.rhtml and
> register.rhtml files into my application.

Take a look as restful_authentication plugin, even if you don't end up
using it, it will show you how they do authentication RESTfully.

http://github.com/technoweenie/restful-authenticat...

Of course, I think reinventing the authentication wheel is a waist of
time, when plugins like restful_authentication, among others, do the job
quite well.