Forum: Ruby reverse geocoding in rails app

rizwana (Guest)
Hi all,
    Hope all are doing well. Actually i need a help for implementing
reverse geocoding in Ruby on Rails application. I have implemented
geocoding in which the user enters his address for which the
respective map will be displayed. Now i need reverse geocoding in
which if the user clicks on a particular point of the map then the
respective address should displayed to the user. I dont have any idea
for this implementation.
   Hope any one of you suggests me how to implement this.

Regards
Rizwana.
Lars H. (Guest)
* rizwana <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

> Hi all,
>     Hope all are doing well. Actually i need a help for implementing
> reverse geocoding in Ruby on Rails application. I have implemented
> geocoding in which the user enters his address for which the
> respective map will be displayed. Now i need reverse geocoding in
> which if the user clicks on a particular point of the map then the
> respective address should displayed to the user. I dont have any idea
> for this implementation.
>    Hope any one of you suggests me how to implement this.

You can use the Google Maps API for this through Javascript or HTTP:

http://code.google.com/apis/maps/documentation/ser...

--
Lars H.

"If anyone disagrees with anything I say, I am quite prepared not only
 retract it, but also to deny under oath that I ever said it." -Tom
Lehrer