Forum: Ruby require behaviour

Maran C. (Guest)
on 2009-02-11 14:30
Dear folks,
   I'm new to ruby, Please explain the following snippet's behavior

def require( *packages )
        packages.each{ | pack |
                super( pack );
        }
end
require('rubygems','actionmailer')
Dylan E. (Guest)
On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 10:29 PM, Maran Chandrasekar <

> Dear folks,
>   I'm new to ruby, Please explain the following snippet's behavior
>
> def require( *packages )

Override require with an array an variable length argument list, which
will
be an array in the function

>        packages.each{ | pack |

Iterate through the list  where pack is the current item.

>                super( pack );

Send the current item to the ogiginal require.

>        }
> end
> require('rubygems','actionmailer')

Which allows you to require more than one item at a time.
Hope this helps.
Dylan E. (Guest)
On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 10:42 PM, Dylan E.
<removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 10:29 PM, Maran Chandrasekar <
> removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
>

>>                super( pack );
>
> Send the current item to the ogiginal require.

* Original