Forum: RSpec Best way of writing fetaures for a wizard

Lucas F. (Guest)
Hi everyone, I am Lucas and I am starting to use cucumber in project.

I need to write  a scenario that is little bit complex.

Lets suppose I have a Thing and then I need to advance that Thing
through 4
stages (something like 'import', 'validation', 'authorization',
'export').
Every stage is a special action/post/request with different outcomes,
but
the presentation is the same every time, just changing a few labels and
buttons.
But the problem is that for the user/customer this process is named
"Authorization". He doesn't care about the stages.

What I mean is that the customer only sees one scenario, while I see 4.
What Is the proper way to do this kind of multi-action/complex-process?

Well, any thoughts we'll be very appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
David C. (Guest)
On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 3:38 AM, Lucas F. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:
> "Authorization". He doesn't care about the stages.
>
> What I mean is that the customer only sees one scenario, while I see 4.
> What Is the proper way to do this kind of multi-action/complex-process?

If you see Cucumber as customer facing and RSpec as developer facing
(as I do), then you'd want one scenario in Cucumber and then the
details in RSpec.

That make sense?

Cheers,
David
Matt W. (Guest)
On 11 Feb 2009, at 09:38, Lucas F. wrote:

> But the problem is that for the user/customer this process is named
> "Authorization". He doesn't care about the stages.
>
> What I mean is that the customer only sees one scenario, while I see
> 4.
> What Is the proper way to do this kind of multi-action/complex-
> process?

Does this help?
http://blog.mattwynne.net/2008/11/14/dry-up-your-c...

Matt W.